Thursday, February 19, 2009

What I've Learned from My Bloody Valentine

This past weekend I got to see the new My Bloody Valentine in 3-D. And it was awesome. I saw it on Friday the 13th with my boyfriend(we would've seen Friday the 13th instead, but you know, ridiculous crowds) and I also saw it as a Valentine's semi-celebration. The theater was completely packed with all types of folks, all of whom screamed and laughed and had a great time along with us. It was a fantastic experience. And aside from it just being fun, I learned a few things, which I thought I would share.

Lesson #1: More movies should be in 3D.

Specifically horror and action type movies, but more nonetheless. This was the first live-action film I've seen in the new digital 3D, and it's totally like you're there. I saw Monster House in 3D, and while it was super awesome, it's still an animated film, so the 'being there' factor only goes so far. But having that extra dimension really adds to the scare factor, as well as the have-fun-and-yell-at-the-screen factor. I don't want to see normal dramas and comedies and whatnot in 3D, I feel like that would kinda be a waste, but how much fun would it be if the next Transformers movie were in 3D? Or Harry Potter? Or Jason vs. Freddy XII? I'm sure Hollywood is eighteen steps ahead of me, and they've planned this for every blockbuster of 2010. But I'm totally for it.

Lesson #2: Crazy=Immortal

I don't want to ruin the plot for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, so I won't go into specifics, but upon the reveal of who the killer is, I realized that the trick to immortality is to just go bat-shit crazy and start killing everyone. It's worked for Jason, Freddy, Michael Meyers, Leatherface, and countless others (I'm still no slasher expert, but I'm assuming there are more killers that this has worked for). So if everyone were to jump on board with this plan, we could bring down all of those companies who prey on people who never want to get old, while also keeping the population in check. I think it's a pretty solid plan.


Lesson #3: Jamie Kennedy's Hair

I think it's fair to say that Jamie Kennedy is totally movie star hot as a blonde, especially in things like Kitchen Confidential and Sin City. You know, that kind of ridiculous hot that is totally not believable and never works in real-life. But apparently all she has to do is go redd-ish brunnette, and BAM! Totally normal girl-next-door-hot. It was just refreshing, because so often in slasher films, you get these young hottie actresses who get all jacked up but still look like they just walked out of the salon. However, she was able to still bring the hottness, but in a believable small town damsel in distress sort of way. I was very impressed and hope to see more from her.


Overall, it's a great movie and a lot of fun. It you can still catch it in theaters, do so. But only if it's 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment