Friday, February 12, 2010

Things that please me.

In the past, my internet round-ups have focused on news and events that troubled me, but with all the ridiculous awfulness that's been happening lately, I'm trying to focus on the positive. So here's a gathering of some sites that are helping me get by.
-I've always fancied myself as a cat person, and they've always been my default favorite animal, but I've been going to the zoo alot lately and am becoming smitten with more and more types of animals. One of them is the otter (look at him!)! And I can get my fix daily at Daily Otter. If you're ever feeling a little down, scan through some pictures of otters being awesome (there are videos too!) and it'll totally perk you up.
-I just discovered this site yesterday via Twitter, but it's so awesome and cute and fun. It's 'My Milk Toof' and it's these photo comic strips where two little teeth get into wacky situations. It's precious.

-It Made My Day:
"I went through a McDonald’s drive thru and said “I can has cheeseburger?” There was a pause before I heard “Nom Nom Nom” on the other end. IMMD"
People submit short little stories of awesome things that made their day. I read it every morning. And so should you.
-When I was younger, for some reason I thought Martha Stewart was the devil. That's slowly shifted and now I LOVE her. A lot of that has to do with her super awesome line of craft supplies at Michael's, but nonetheless, she's radical. And look at her taste in dogs! Smushed-face monsters and big fluffy creatures! It's a perfect combination. I want them.

-Kawaii Not: I saw this book at Barnes and Noble back in the day with these little comics strips of cute objects saying/doing ridiculous shit. I figured out it started as a webcomic and look how cute they are!

-This one is a little on the sappy side, but it's got some really nice stories. It's 'Gives Me Hope', and it's similar to It Made My Day, but it's more focused on love and joy and the kindness of strangers and all that jazz. Again, I warn you that it's sappy, but sometimes it's really, really nice.-And as always there's I Can Has Cheezburger, which if you aren't reading, you really should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment