Monday, January 5, 2009

I didn't feel like coming up with a clever name for my first post...

Hello ladies and jellyspoons!

I'm not sure that anyone will every really care, but in recent months, many of my friends have started blogs, either for personal or professional use, and I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon.

I don't want anyone to feel like this is some wacky pretentious blog where I think you should all be so happy to read my thoughts on random bullshit. It is rather an exercise for my brain to practice taking thoughts and making them somewhat coherent; I did a lot of that type of thing throughout school, but not so much since having graduated. And since I have a job with a desk for the first time ever, I figured, hey, why not now?

I'm still not entirely sure what my posts will always be about, but they will probably change often.

As for this blog, I didn't really have a topic in mind, I just wanted to do something introductory. However, with it being the start of a new year, I thought I would share some of the movies I am looking forward to this year (note, these are by no means the ONLY movies I am looking forward to, just a sampling).

MONSTERS VS. ALIENS
As you might've noticed from the title of my blog, I am a big fan of monsters. I'm also fond of aliens. And the cast list for this is dripping with fantastic actors/comedians. And it's in Dreamworks 3D. What's not to love?

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
I've only heard bits and pieces about this movie, but I'm a big Tarantino fan. I've never been let down, even with Death Proof. And even though Brad Pitt has let me down with recent movies (Benjamin Button, Mr. and Mrs Smith) I think he and Tarantino will work out great together in this film. I'm excited.

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
Yeah, again with the theme of monsters and creatures and whatnot, I can't help it. But this is one of my favorite books as a kid, and in any other director's hands, I would be worried, but I think that Spike Jonze is crazy enough to make it work. I know a lot of people will classify it as a kids movie because of the book, but I think the timelessness of the story and the awesomeness of Jonze will make it well worth seeing in theaters.

WATCHMEN
Assuming it doesn't get held up in litigation, Watchmen is the movie I am most excited to see this year. The book is phenomenal, the cast looks awesome, and even though the book seemed like it would never be translated into a movie correctly, all the footage so far points to the contrary. I will be there opening weekend, whenever that may be.

That's all for now. Catch ya on the flipside!

1 comment:

  1. hadn't heard of INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS. love Brad and Quent. Excited.
    Fingers crossed for watchmen.

    ReplyDelete