Thursday, January 15, 2009
Soundtrack to the Apocalypse
Anyone who spends any amount of time with me will quickly discover that I am rather fixated on the end of the world. I don't want anyone to think that I wish disastrous events upon the human race, I just happen to think that they are unavoidable at this point. Be it a plague, climate event, war or zombie apocalypse, I'm pretty sure something is coming. My hope in the continuation of humanity was given a slight boost with the election of Obama, however I soon realized that he is a movie president (good-looking, humorous, motivational speaker) and bad things tend to happen to movie presidents (Independence Day, Deep Impact, Mars Attacks), so the worrying has resumed.
Now I don't go around all terrified-like, but I do like to feel prepared. And one of the things I have done to prepare myself is to create a soundtrack for the end of the world. If I could film it, edit it and score it when it happens, this is the music that would be on the CD. If you click on the songs, I've linked them to their respective videos (or the best I could find). I tried to do some magical tech stuff, but it just didn't work out.
Please note, I am by no means a music geek, but I like what I like so I am sharing it now.
1. Johnny Cash- When the Man Comes Around
2. Junior Senior- Move Your Feet
3. Journey-Don't Stop Believing
4. Moby- Natural Blues
5. Kanye West-Gone
6. Petula Clark-Downtown
7. Talking Heads-Psycho Killer
8. Flametrick Subs- Creepy Dead Folk
9. Harvey Danger- Flagpole Sitta
10. Ram Jam- Black Betty
11. My Chemical Romance- Dead!
12. The Killers- All These Things That I've Done
13. MC Chris- Hijack
14. Modest Mouse- Dance Hall
15. The Clash- London Calling
16. The Aristocats- Everybody Wants to be a Cat
17. Isley Brothers- Shout
18. Iggy Pop- Lust for Life
19. Dave Matthews Band- All Along the Watchtower
20. Fall Out Boy- Dance Dance
21. The Rolling Stones- You Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Gary Jules- Mad World
23. Coldplay- Amsterdam
24. Gene Kelly- Singing in the Rain
25. The Flaming Lips- Do You Realize?
So what would be on your playlist if you had time to sync up your ipod or similar device in time for all hell to break to loose?